Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Thyme and Lurpak Butter Sauce
by Vicky Spiller from WA
This is an ideal weeknight meal as it takes no time to cook. The Lurpak Butter makes an extremely creamy sauce and gives the mushrooms great flavour.
- Serves 2 people
- Cooking Time 10 minutes
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the pack directions (approximately 9 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the 25g of Lurpak Butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat until just foaming.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme leaves then stir to coat with the butter. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the the remaining Lurpak Butter and stir until melted. Cook for over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti then serve topped with the mushrooms and Lurpak Butter sauce, as well as some black pepper and finely grated parmesan.
- 200g thin dried spaghetti
- 25g Lurpak Butter (salted variety)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 100g Lurpak Butter (salted variety)
- black pepper and finely grated parmesan, to serve