Raspberry and Balsamic Vinegar Truffles
by Chloe Miller from VIC
These chocolate truffles are a decadent treat! With their rich, smooth, melt-in-your mouth buttery centers, sweet raspberry flavour, and balsamic vinegar aroma - you won't want to share! For an even more indulgent truffle, use dark chocolate instead of milk.
- Serves 40 people
- Cooking Time 60 minutes
- Bring cream, raspberry puree and butter to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Strain onto 300g of the chocolate that has been broken into small pieces, and mix until all the chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, and refrigerate until firm (about 30min).
- Melt the remaining chocolate either in microwave in short burts at 50% power, or in a glass bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Roll small spoonfuls of the refrigerated mixture into little balls and dip into chocolate before immediately rolling in sifted cocoa powder.
- Chill until set, serve at room temperature.
- 50g Thick cream
- 50g Raspberry puree
- 80g Lurpak unsalted butter
- 500g Milk or Dark chocolate
- 3tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Cocoa Powder for dusting (about 1/2 cup)