Chocolate Quinoa Pear & Plum Crumble
by Jennifer Donoghue from QLD
A spin on a classic crumble with a chocolate quinoa topping and plum and pear base.
- Serves 4 people
- Cooking Time 40 minutes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsuis (350 degrees farenheit).
- 2. In a bowl add the cubed pear and plums and add the sugar, vanilla extract and flour and mix together until the fruit is coated. Pour the fruit into individual ramekins and set aside while you make the crumble topping.
- 3. In a mixer bowl add the flour, sugars, salt, quinoa flakes, cocoa and butter and mix until the butter starts to form pea sized clumps.
- 4. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden and the juices start to bubble through the crumble topping.
- 6. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
- Fruit Base:
- 3 pears, cut into cubes and peeled if you like
- 3 plums, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Crumble Topping:
- 3/4 cup of plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of white quinoa flakes
- 115 grams of butter, cut into cubes